Drewry's Bluff

Constructed in 1862, Fort Drewry stood as a vital bastion blocking the progress of the U. S. Navy up the James River toward the Confederate Capital of Richmond. A decisive battle on May 15, 1862, ended the Union naval threat to the Capital when defenders defeated the famous ironclad USS Monitor and four other warships. Today the fort survives intact, with a one mile walking trail and numerous exhibits.

Location Info

7600 Fort Darling Road
Richmond (Chesterfield County), VA 23237
(804) 226-1981